We regret to inform you that we are not running the Glider’s program this winter.
Saturdays: January 30 and February 6, 13, 20, 27 and March 6 • 2021
10 am to 12 noon • Ages 5 to 16
This program provides the opportunity for kids to learn how to cross-country ski, play games and meet new friends, all in a safe learning environment.
- Modelled after Nordiq Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development Model, Active Start and FUNdamentals stages.
- Encourage youth and families to be involved in lifelong physical activity.
- Emphasis on basic cross-country skills development and enjoyment of skiing.
This program is facilitated by CANSI (Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors) certified instructors, Ontario-certified teachers and other experienced skiers/instructors.
If there are rainy/icy days and/or temperatures colder than -15°C, we’ll skip that day.
$105 for all six sessions (includes a snack), plus insurance fee of $18 per child, unless you have already purchased a family membership. One waiver per child required.
Email the program co-ordinator at email@example.com for questions or to register.
Ski Rentals for the Youth Program
Hilltop Ski Rentals (one minute from Opeongo Nordic)
text: 613-717-1243 • phone: 613-757-1404
$60 for all six sessions includes boots, poles and skis
COVID-19 Protocol • Opeongo Gliders
Personal Health / Screening
- All participants (athletes, parents, coaches and volunteers) will complete a self-assessment screening questionnaire within 24 hours of the session.
- The questionnaire link (adults and children) will be emailed to all participants on Fridays.
- All participants must complete a self-assessment and be fit to participate in order to attend.
- If a participant resides in the same dwelling as someone who is self-isolating or has had possible exposure, this participant will not attend the session.
- Participants must leave immediately if they show signs of infection.
- All surfaces (picnic table, plastic door knobs) in the yurt will be sanitized by staff at the start and end of each session.
- The outhouse will be sanitized by staff at the start and end of each session.
- Sanitization will be documented in a log.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available in the yurt, outhouse and on the persons of coaches.
Physical Distancing / Masks
- Participants know how to maintain a physical distance of 2 metres between people at all times. If distancing is not ensured, they know how to wear a non-medical mask and/or facial covering.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the Yurt, with a maximum of 3 people at a time.
- All participants will be required to provide their own face mask or facial covering.
- Level groups will be created as cohorts, in which limited interactions between cohorts are made.
- Participants are not permitted to congregate, and group sizes do not exceed local directives.
- Participants will be asked to remain at their cars until the scheduled start time.
- Participants will be asked to arrive with their ski boots on.
- Level groups will have designated meeting areas to avoid grouping around the Yurt and staggered start times will be considered as needed.
- All athletes must provide their own ski equipment including mask or facial covering, water bottle and snacks.
- All athletes are encouraged to carry a hip belt.